zData Ambari Extensions
What is the zData Ambari Extensions Pack?
Ambari is an Apache sponsored project whose goal is to make provisioning, managing, and monitoring of Apache Hadoop and other distributed deployments easy. zData’s new Ambari Extensions is built on top of Ambari and provides easy deployment of Pivotal Greenplum, Pivotal HAWQ, and zData Chorus. This streamlined technology allows an individual or company to test out the latest technologies quickly and easily.
zData is excited to announce that they have contributed the zData Ambari Extension Pack on the Open Data Platform. The ODP enables Big Data Solutions to flourish atop a common core platform, Apache Hadoop, and other Big Data technologies for the enterprise.
Why is zData's Ambari solution important and unique?
- You can have a Greenplum cluster production-ready within no time!
- zData’s Ambari Extensions makes installing Greenplum trivial. It doesn’t require a large amount of background knowledge to get a cluster up and running.
- Ambari takes care of the “behind-the-scenes” kernel parameter tuning and installation woes.
- This is the first Ambari Extension pack on the market
- Ability to test Greenplum in the cloud effectively without upfront hardware costs
- The hardware EC2 instances can go toe-to-toe with on-premise hardware without any of the hassle of setting it up.
When is this tool applicable?
- Companies and organizations looking for an MPP database or doing MPP testing/benchmarks
- Companies looking for enterprise level EDW analytics software in the cloud as an alternative to Amazon RedShift
- Any corporation that is looking for a getting started quickly with a MPP database solution
- People looking to learn Greenplum by spinning up a small non-production server on smaller sized instances
In a previous post I discussed how you can Delete or Remove service from Ambari. The process involved the use of Ambari API to Delete or Remove the target service in question. In this article, we will dive into the other side of Ambari interface - the database. But...
With the ever increasing buzz of Internet of Things (IoT) which now is slowly moving towards Internet of Any Thing (IoAT) we are finding the need of an ideal solution to move the data between various processing platform. The answer to this challenge is provided by...
With Apache Ambari we can achieve ease of management and administration of Apache Hadoop clusters. But it has it's own limitations for now. We are going to discuss one of its limitations here - Removing or Deleting a service. Apache Ambari Overview Apache Ambari is a...