Big Data Engagement Manager
zData Inc is taking Digital Transformation to a new level by providing best-in-class solutions for data engineering, machine learning and advanced analytics. Our solutions allow decision makers to quickly and affordably perform complex analysis of data to accelerate and improve business decisions.
Summary Description: This position is a zData Senior Engagement/Delivery Manager, who will ensure multiple concurrent, successful post-sale analytics initiatives. Our expertise is based on the latest data engineering technologies like Spark, Hadoop, MPP Data Warehouses, and ongoing successful use and growth of customers. Helping to bridge Installation Engineering, Platform Engineering, Sales and Professional Services for fortune 50 accounts. This client-facing role and will be accountable for deployments, managing client expectations, and providing customer advocacy with Engineering and Product Management.
zData is one of the fastest growing technology services firms focused on both Big Data and Cloud platforms. The opportunity for every individual is limited only by their aptitude and willingness to push themselves outside of their comfort zone. We understand that every technologist that has chosen the path of managing customers and engagements can drift farther and farther from solution engineering. While they may not code anymore our expectation is that every manager be engaged and understand the solutions we deliver at a very detailed level.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years as a Senior Engagement Manager, Account Management / Project Management / Consulting experience preferably in Data Warehousing and Analytics.
- CS, BS, or BBA in Business Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in data warehousing technologies, including relational databases, business intelligence and analytical tools, architectural strategies and previous hands on development and engineering.
- A proven track record of delivery of development and infrastructure build-out (hardware, site, network, and physical deployment).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Thorough hands-on technical work and/or managing a team of people, be responsible for all post-sale customer activities including:
- Implementation Project Management and Product Deployment – create a repeatable process for most efficient and effective implementations by product
- Experience writing and negotiating an SOW, Scope Creep and Deliverables.
- Account Management – standardize reviews with customers to measure customer satisfaction, reiterate value prop and report improvement opportunities
- Work with Sales to identify up-sell opportunities
- Provide escalation response to critical technical support issues; liaise with customer technical staff and C-level.
- Knowledge of system and data warehouse implementation process, from business requirements through modeling, physical database design, data transformation and loading, SQL, end-user tools, database implementation and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of relational database technology (DB2, Greenplum, Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, Informix) in an enterprise scale decision-support or active warehousing environment and a working knowledge of third party BI and ETL tools.
- Fill resource gaps with hands-on work as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in providing group training in a software setting.
- Small company start up energy and experience.
- Experience with customers: managing consultant utilization, milestone success, setting and managing expectations, controlling outcomes and resolving customer issues.
- Knowledge of relational database technology, and end-user tools in an application development environment or equivalent large-scale data warehousing experience
- Should have had the ability to write this job description better than us :)
- External presence in the data community (e.g. conferences, open source projects, meetups, blogs, social media etc.) a plus
This position includes the following:
- Annual salary DOE and competitive
- Industry matching benefits package, stock options and bonus.
- Up to 50% travel Monday through Friday
- No H1 Status offered for this position
- Business Casual dress & Business Professional dress.