DevOps Engineer - System Administrator
zData Inc is taking Big Data to a new level by providing best-in-class advanced analytics and data warehousing solutions and services that utilize enterprise and open source. Our solutions allow decision makers to quickly and affordably perform complex analysis of terabytes of data to accelerate and improve business decisions. zData is partnered with companies like AWS, Hortonworks, Azure, EMC, VMware, Cisco and Pivotal to provide breakthrough products and services around cloud and the Big Data space.
This position will report to the Managed Services division and be responsible for creating and maintaining DevOps environments for zData clients.
- Participate in design, implementation and automation of system architectures that scale with custom requirements.
- Create and support cloud (AWS) and local cluster environment and infrastructure.
- Assist with automation of builds and deployment of software products.
- Design and implement data security, backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Help optimize software development and deployment
- Experience programming and/or scripting (bash, python & java preferred)
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Some exposure to big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL, EMR, Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Familiarity with software development practices such as Agile, Pairing, XP
- Familiarity with version control systems (git primarily)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Exposure to one or more MPP DBMS (Teradata, Vertica, Netezza, Greenplum)
- Experience with Hadoop and/or EMR
- Experience with Data Warehousing and ETL/ELT
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, and/or Azure
- IaC (Infrastructure as Code): Terraform, CloudFormation, Cloudify
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Other skills: Elasticsearch, Kafka, AD, SAML, DNS and or TLS`
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of technical expertise.
This position includes the following:
- Annual salary DOE
- Excellent full benefits package; bonus potential.
- 40 hour work week.
- Up to 25% travel Monday through Friday, home weekends.
- Business Casual/Business Professional dress.